Friday, March 22, 2013

Pencil uncial

Another 4 letters for my book.  I like the simplicity of them, and the fact that I've not created myself a cumbersome task.
Each time I do a letter I use watercolour to paint the little squares, and I use that colour to add 2 little squares to the cover of the book.
Although all the colours are fairly muted, the collection of squares on the cover is starting to have a carnival feel!
I want to stick the letters in the book, but then I'd miss the chance of photographing them all together.
I'm loving some of the other alphabets - and amazing to see the variety of ideas!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you mean about the difficulty of individual photos and having to wait til the whole is assembled.
    And I like saying "pencil uncial." (Yes, I'm strange!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine it helps to have your overall design (your book) well established when creating these. I see myself re-doing somethings if my final putting-them-all-together ends up being something that requires "fixing" letters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you add the two squares of colour to the cover of the book as you go! I must admit I have learned it works better for me to have the end in mind when I begin; altho this time it hasn't really taken shape yet. eek!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.