Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Eithna's (Very Late) introduction

Hello, I am Eithna Joyce from Ireland, I participated in A.L.A.W. 2012, and enjoyed it so much, I have 2 little books that would never have come about without this project.
I am a little late getting started this year, I won't go into all my excuses but at last I am ready and hope to play catch up in the next week or two. Some of my delay was down to my pondering about "Peace" and how best to approach it. A line from a Yeats poem kept recurring in my head as I thought about the theme, it is from "TheLake Isle of Inishfree" the line goes
"For I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow"
I love that image, you can read the whole poem HERE. I hope to capture that inner peace and calm that we all strive for, a personal peace rather than a global one. To be at peace with oneself and others is a good place to be.
Now that I have declared my intentions I'm off to get started so until I post again,
Peace be with you.
P.S.
If you want to know about me drop by my Blog littlebitofblue.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely poem. I really want to participate. I hope to do so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Eithna - after your beautifully detailed letters from 2012, I'm really looking forward to seeing your alphabets for this year too. The line from Yeats sounds as though it is helping you to find a lovely direction...
    I have also been finding that the pondering stage requires time, so have not yet posted any letters either. But it's been great seeing all of the creativity & peace-contemplating going on over here in the meanwhile, and I hope to be contributing soon too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very inspirational quote. You can just picture peace slowly dropping. Look forward to the letters.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Eithna, isn't that the most evocative line? It just makes you feel at peace by reading it. I wish you well as you begin...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.