Saturday, April 6, 2013

Eithna....at last!

I said in my introduction a few weeks back "Peace comes dropping slow". I want to depict an inner/personal peace, those still gentle times when all is right with the world. I quoted Yeats poem where he was seeking peace in Inishfree, close to nature and the landscape. I also feel peace is a fragile quiet thing, difficult to hold onto when stress and chaos seem to bully it out of the way. With those ideas in mind I have at last begun my alphabet. I am using Bamboo 265gsm  paper, a small freestyle letter in ink that I have then covered with torn parchment (the baking paper type), the delicate petal is all that remains of last years hydrangea and some nice ragged handmade paper and random strokes of watered down ink.




The dead Hydrangea flower heads are beautiful and fragile, it is a shrub that keeps on giving.

8 comments:

  1. That so beautiful and fragile! Waw, congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderfully ethereal.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicate. The pieces have a very feminine "feel."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quelle délicatesse ! fragile comme la paix...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really lovely and definitely evoke quietness and peace. Thank you, Eithna

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely - like little whispers of peace. I love the different media & elements brought together in each letter's square...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such delicacy and quiet whispers Eithna - fragile yet resilient, gifts continuing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these letters. It's full of delicacy and its represents marvelously the theme of this year...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.