Saturday, February 23, 2013

February Letters




Now that I am on a roll February's Letters are getting posted a little early!  One of my new year's resolutions was to make up some of the many kits I have been accumulating.  Yesterday I was working on a flag book (with rainbow pages), so that is a possibility for my finished product.  (Blue, indigo and violet letters do look different in person, but perhaps mounting on coloured paper will make the differences stand out.)  I have been using Ecoline inks and a Nikko G nib.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, I like your design very much!What do you plan to do with the space to the left on your flags? I look forward to seeing more of your work. Best wishes, Sue in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    I haven't got to that point yet. The actual letters are just on squares. I think the rectangle look came from the way I scanned them. If I do go with the flag book, I will have to extend the letters into rectangles, I think in order to make them mostly visible when you open the book. A conundrum. One possibility is to write quotes about peace beside them. For the time being I am going to work on the letters and let the final project percolate. I just did accordion books with the other two alphabets that I did, but I would like to be more adventurous this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.