Friday, December 13, 2013

A little late to the game...

Hi

I'm Finnbadger here at blogger, and I have a 'mail art' blog, but am also interested in typography.

 I know I'm a little late to the game, but since I had two alphabets in the works this year, I am in the process of finishing them up after stumbling on this great blog.

I have finished my peace alphabet (it is the peaceful version of my other alphabet).

Here's my peace alphabet:







I decided to name it Pacem (Latin for peace).




I printed the letters back to back, so there are 13 squares. (There are some interested combos, like G & T).

I created hinges and connected the squares together...

Clipped and under control:


Unclipped and out of control:



The leaning tower of Pacem...



There are, of course, plenty of ways to fold them to create a display.

I wanted to see if I could create a useable font, and had a try over at Fontstruct. Easy to use site, you can check it out here: Pacem13 font. Works in photoshop on my MAC, but not microsoft word. 13 comes from the fact that it is 13x13 pixels, so looks closest to my original idea at about 10 pt. I'll try and work on a larger version so that it doesn't size up quite so thick on the lines.

2 comments:

  1. This is very cool! I like how you developed things like x.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was trying to do all the letters on a 3x3 grid. Initially I tried turning the T 45 degrees, but in the end played around and used that style for K and V as well as X.

    My favorites are G, Q and T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.