Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fun in the Sun letters

When I finished the first lot of letters about peace at the end of June, I hadn't been thinking ahead to what I would do for the second set. I gave myself some time to think about it, and then realised as the summer went on that I was getting more and more behind! But I had several other deadlines to focus on.

Then I thought I might use the type of letter I made for one of those other works. So, I have been thinking it through in my head and finally today I got round to doing something about it!

So, here are the first 10 letters for July and for August. I wanted a bit more of a happy feel to them than the last ones. More like a fun sunny day.

At this point it is one layer of fabric with the letter cut out and fused to a second contrast layer. I still think I might stitch round them with the machine - possibly as part of the presentation or possibly as the next step with a further presentation to complete. But for now here are these letters at this stage.

a-e for July

f-j for August

And now to focus on the presentation for the peace letters which has also been queuing in my head behind other things!

2 comments:

  1. love the idea of bright and sunny disposition....must be peace around those letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's more sunshine and light in these letters Sandy - a joyfulness and playfulness for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.