Monday, April 8, 2013

"fragmented peace"

I am so late in beginning this set of letters due to not being able to make up my mind what was important to me as in making a "peace"statement. In the mail months ago I received my usual CBM letter asking for donations for African women who are mutilated in the name of their culture. I have spent the last couple of months trying to come up with something more in the line of peace within one self, as I believe if everyone found peace within, we would all get on with each other no matter what creed or culture.....so I have finally started with the base letters which were sooooo hard to photograph due to the fibres being so free yet fragile. Strong yet weak. Lines blurred just holding together. Peace in our world so fragmented....

3 comments:

  1. Fragile is a good description!
    What sort of fibres go into the work?
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, Sorry for taking so long but I have been upside down with deadlines....I use soy silk fibres/silk thread/decaying tbags/silk fabric ripped/wool scraps/tortured fibres....It does not photograph so well but that is part of the fragility and quality of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C - I love the fragility and strength of the fibres, I think you have got the sense of peace perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.